Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What I Love to Bake.



People always ask me what I like to bake the most-- aside from cakes that is.

As many of you know, I love making fruit tarts.
Something about making them is so calming and soothing.
Not to mention, the components are so simple yet so bold.
They are always a wonderful accompaniment to a mug of of strong coffee or floral tea.

The pastry cream and the pate sucree (the shell) serve as a blank canvas for me.
A touch of caramel or citrus zest or extract can completely change the flavor profile of the tart.
Therefore, I encourage all of you to test your boundaries and venture out into different flavors and textures.
You may be pleasantly surprised.


Orange Pate Sucree 
Vanilla Bean Pastry Cream
Garnished with Strawberries


Chocolate Pate Sucree 
Pistachio Pastry Cream 
Garnished with Pistachios


Chocolate Pate Sucree
Caramel Pastry Cream
Garnished with Blackberries

Aren't the strawberries gorgeous? The color was so bright that I actually had to tone it down a bit!

3 comments:

  1. i love your blog and i love what you do! :) those look so yummy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled onto your blog via pinterest! It's so sweet and full of such goodness - loving and following it! Thanks for sharing the lovely yummy stuff and the beautiful inspiring piccies :)

    ReplyDelete